Summer School Program 2022 Overview
At Shinagawa International School (SIS) we are pleased to be offering a Summer School programme for the duration of 4 weeks (July 3th – 28th). Our programme offers an excellent opportunity for students to enjoy fun and exciting activities in the educationally stimulating environment of Shinagawa International School (SIS). It is also a great chance for new and potential students to get acclimatized to the School Environment and Facilities as well as meet and work with members of the teaching and administrative staff. As Summer School days are timetabled at a similar pace to regular term-time school days at SIS this allows new students to get used to the feel of normal Shinagawa International School (SIS) school day, which puts them in an excellent position ready to learn with their new peers at the beginning of the academic year.
For non-Google users, please fill out this form and send it to Admissions Office at email@example.com.
For outside students applying to our Summer School, please ask your child’s homeroom teacher to fill out the above Letter of Reference.
Application Deadline: June 3, 2022
No refund after June 10, 2022
At our summer school, we offer children the opportunity to participate in games, drama activities, group projects, and other activities thematically linked to that week’s topic.
- Gym Class
- Indoor Games
- Field Trips (depends on the Covid-19 situation)
- Water Play (Swimming)
- Arts & Crafts
During SIS Summer School there will be the following classes available:
|PreK Class||Age 4 – 5 (maximum 20 students/each class)|
|Kindergarten Class||Age 5 – 6 (maximum 20 students/each class)|
|Grade 1 & 2||Age 6 – 8 (maximum 20 students/each class)|
|Grade 3 – 5||Age 8 – 11 (maximum 20 students/each class)|
|English Immersion Class (Grade 2 – 6)||Age 7 – 12 (maximum 20 students/each class)|
* Age groups, classes, and the number of classes are subject to change
* At least 2 sessions of attendance are required for outside students.
School Bus Routes
- Meguro – Higashigotanda – Gotenyama
- Roppongi – Hiroo – Azabu – Shirokanedai – Takanawa
- Shinonome – Toyosu – Shintoyosu – Kachidoki (Harumi) – Shibaura – Konan
- Oi – Nishioi
*Other routes will be decided later. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for further inquiries.
|Sessions||Dates (Mon- Fri)||Topics|
|Session 1||July 4 – 8||How we organize ourselves|
|Session 2||July 11 – 15||How the world works|
|Session 3||July 18 – 22||How we express ourselves|
|Session 4||July 25 – 29||Sharing the Planet|
|Tuition for each session||Outside Students: 60,000 (+tax) / SIS students: 50,000 (+tax)|
|Hours||9:30 to 15:00|
|School Bus||The bus is available If we have more than 10 students for a route. 10,000 yen/week|
|Place||Shinagawa International School (SIS), 4-8-8 Higashishinagawa, Shinagawa-ku, Tōkyō-to 140-0002.|
Summer School Supply List
Items to Bring:
(Please make sure to name them all to avoid confusion)
- Water Bottle
- Indoor shoes
- Extra change of clothes (4 & 5 yrs only)
- The excursion cost is not included in the tuition. Students can choose not to attend the excursion and take an absence on the day.
- 1 session refers to 5 days of classes. Partial attendance during one session counts for 1 full session.
- No refund of the course fee will be made upon cancellation.